With proper care, your teeth and gums can stay healthy throughout your life. The healthier your teeth and gums are, the less risk you have for tooth decay and gum disease. For healthy gums in Essex, Crofts Dental Practice are here to assist you.
There are five steps to keep an exceptional level of oral hygiene for your teeth and gums:
- Brush at least twice a day. Use a soft-bristled brush and toothpaste that contains fluoride. If you can afford the cost it may be worth investing in an electric toothbrush. Place your toothbrush at a 45° angle against your gums and brush each tooth 15 to 20 times. It is important to move the brush gently, using short strokes. Don’t scrub.
- Flossing regularly will ensure food does not get stuck between your teeth, as well as minimising plaque buildup.
- Rinse your teeth twice daily with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Eat foods that are good for your teeth. For healthy gums in Essex is it a good idea to minimise the amount of sugary foods and drinks you consume.
- By regularly visiting your dentist at Crofts Dental Practice,Essex, healthy gums can be maintained. You can choose to see a dentist, or our dental hygienists to keep in tip-top oral health.
Keeping healthier gums
Your gums are like cushions for your teeth. They surround and protect your teeth and help to support them. Looking after your gums is just as important as looking after your teeth. Without healthy gums, your teeth will not survive and may begin to fall out.
You must be aware of red and swollen gums that bleed when you brush them. This could be a sign of gum disease. It is known as gingivitis and if left untreated can develop further into a type of infection known as periodontitis. This affects the entire area surrounding the tooth.
To keep healthy gums in Essex, we recommend you come in for regular hygiene appointments check-ups at Crofts Dental Practice. Drop into the surgery today and find out how our dedicated team of dentist, dental nurses and hygienists can help you keep your gums in great condition and you in good oral health.