When you are approaching a teeth straightening treatment, it’s important that you have all the information you need to prepare you for the journey ahead. Even with swift, modern methods of aligning the teeth, you are still going to have a treatment time of a few months or more. This means that you need to be able to integrate your treatment into your life. At Crofts Dental Practice, we provide plenty of support to help you do that.
When you enter the Six Month Smiles teeth straightening programme through our clinic, you will go through the following steps:
- Consultation – this is where we work together to gather all the information required to give you the results you want. You need to let us know what your expectations are and we will gather data about you and your oral conditions to help meet them. We send your information off to Six Month Smiles who return a custom-made set of braces for you to wear;
- Fitting – Six Month Smiles in Essex are fixed to your teeth for the duration of your treatment. We apply brackets to your teeth in the positions indicated by your treatment plan. We then thread a wire through these and keep it in place with elastics. With Six Month Smiles, all this equipment is clear or tooth-coloured so that it blends in with your teeth;
- Monitoring your progress – during your treatment, you will visit us approximately every six weeks so that we can keep an eye on your teeth and braces. We will make adjustments where necessary and ensure that you are happy and comfortable;
- Support and guidance – before you leave with your new braces, we give you detailed instructions on what you should experience at home and how you can care for your teeth and equipment. We are also on hand if you need support between appointments;
- Removal and aftercare – your braces are removed at the end of your treatment. Your teeth should not be unduly affected but you might benefit from a clean and polish at this point. You will then need to wear a retainer as you do after all teeth straightening treatments.